11 August 2011

Beauty in the Mess


What else can I say?  I'm a little stressed.  Our household is stressed.  In one home, boxes are piled high, the master bath has been torn apart, and the word clean is hard to define these days.  My cats are less than thrilled.  They wander around totally confused with the clutter.  We sit and stare at each other and wonder when it will all be over.  At the other house, there is dust in every single corner of the house.  Nothing is exempt: walls, inside of cabinets, window sills, screens.  It's all a mess.

Last week I had a major melt down.  Seeing no end in sight, I had convinced myself that I was done.  The planner in me is having a hard time with change and the lingering feeling of being unsettled.  A timeline usually helps with these emotions, but deadlines come and go and feel very dynamic.  There was a moment when I was about to put the new house on the market and unpack all the boxes.  I had reached my limit.

Then, I was reminded by cc (as she so frequently does), of all of our blessings.  Yes, it's a mess, but there are so many things to be thankful for, and when it's all done, we (and the cats) will be so much happier.  We will be one step closer to the life we want to live.  This is what I love about her.  Amidst all the destruction, she still sees the beauty even when I can't see beyond what's in front of me. 

There is an end, I just don't know the date, and I'm thankful for cc for all her reminders.  They make my life a littler sweeter these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.