17 August 2011

Sun Tea

I went home to Nebraska a few weeks ago.  It is a special treat when I actually get to visit my parents' home.  Typically they meet me wherever I happen to be.  As I took my coffee out to the back porch the first morning, I found a jar of tea already brewing.   

For as long as I can remember my mom has always made sun tea.  Every summer morning a new glass jar would be on the porch.  With all the change that takes place in our lives on a daily basis, it is comforting to know that some traditions remain constant.  Seeing this jar brought back so many memories of summers past.  It truly reminded me of my mother and home. 

Little things like this bring a sweetness to my life and I can't help but smile.  I wonder why I don't make sun tea every day.  Some practices, however simple, are worth saving.  It's never too late to start.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.