22 October 2012

Lotus Wei Energy Mists

{photos via Lotus Wei}


































The challenge for 4(for) green acres this month is about improving your health.  While part of improvement means preventative medicine, an even bigger part is taking care of what you have in the first place.  It starts with your mind.  You are what you think.  

Recently I've been introduced to the science of flower essences.  Katie Hess, a flower alchemist from Lotus Wei, has studied the interconnectedness between the earth and humans.  Again showing the positive influence and healing powers nature can have on us.  What she discovered is that as we as humans spend more and more time away from nature, stress and tension have started to build in our lives, which is problematic on the health of our systems.  Her goal has always been to help others find personal growth and she found flower essences to be the medium to do so.  A true 4(for) green acres approach.

Thea used the Lotus Wei energy mists during our class at Squam.  At first I was skeptical because I always feel good at Squam so determining if they had any effect would be impossible.  After Squam, I read through the great information on the Lotus Wei website, and I decided to purchase the mini mists collection to test it at home in my everyday environment.  To be authentic here, I have to tell you the reason I feel I need this type of science.  I am not easy to live with.  I have a tendency to sway from one end of the mood spectrum to the other and not all that often in between.  I pretty much drive myself internally and do a good job forgetting to show affection to those I love.  I do believe that nature balances me and I'm willing to try any form of it.

If you're like me, you're wondering how flower essential oils can change you.  I found that question in her Q&A section and here is what Katie has to say.    

For those that haven’t tried flower remedy elixirs before can you explain how they work?
Flower remedy elixirs are an aqueous solution that when taken internally or applied on the body, works through the acupuncture meridian system. The science behind it is called sympathetic resonance: when you have two tuning forks of the same key and strike one of them, the other tuning fork starts to buzz even though it’s not touching the vibrating one. This is because the invisible sound waves expand out, causing the second fork to vibrate in resonance. 
The same happens with flowers. They are emanating waves that cannot be seen with the naked eye, but that strike a chord within us and as we re-balance our bodies and minds we experience more clarity, happiness, and peacefulness. When people find this hard to believe, I ask them how a cell phone works. We don’t question a cell phone, because we hear the voice on the other end. The waves emanate from the phone and send information through space. So we see this on many levels in technology. The difference is that what the flowers and plants has profound health benefits.
I get it, and I've been using them for about 4 weeks, with a small lapse, and I have to tell you that, YES, I do feel better.  Maybe it's a placebo, maybe it's just my willingness to be open to trying to something new, but I am not as emotionally strung out, and that makes it worth it for me.

Jump over to her website and pick a flower on the main the page.  It will point you in the direction of which essence you might be most in need of.  I think I'm going to need a gallon of inner peace!

++++++++++++

I was not paid or given any product in exchange for the post.  This is truly my opinion of the product I purchased for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.