26 January 2012

Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake & Homemade Ice Cream

While Aunt Linnie's chocolate drop cookies are my favorite treat, I'll try anything chocolate related.  With Valentine's Day being right around the corner I expected to find chocolate goodness in the February issue of Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and it does not disappoint.  It's full of recipes for the chocoholic, but the gooey chocolate pudding cakes caught my eye.  They looked so delicious I couldn't wait.  I made them last weekend.
To top it off, I decided to make homemade vanilla ice cream.  I wanted something creamy for all that chocolate.  My parents have been making ice cream the past few weekends so my mind was already set to make it.  Thanks to Cuisinart I can have ice cream in 30 minutes!

The recipe for the chocolate cakes suggests using little pots, but I used a quart pan and bumped the baking time.  It worked just as well and the pudding part of the cake was almost like ice cream topping.  The presentation wasn't as pretty, but I didn't make it to impress anyone.

Naturally, there are no pictures because it was consumed almost immediately.  I wanted the chocolate lava to still be hot when I took my first bite.  Holy cow!  It's the best dessert I've had in a long time.  The creaminess of the pudding comes from the 1/4 cup of Nutella!  It was quick, easy, and I will be making this again very soon.  Prep and baking time is about an hour.

What is your favorite chocolate treat?  Any special recipes for Valentine's Day? 

++photos taken with my iPhone using the Instagram application++

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.