20 May 2011

Metaphorically Speaking


When I first glanced at this quote I thought it was perfect for a photo of flowers.  It wasn't given much thought.  Today it seems to have taken on a new meaning as a metaphor for my life.  Lately I've felt like I'm just going through the motions of life and not really paying attention.  Well, maybe I'm paying attention, I'm just not trying.  Whatever it is, I feel like a faded flower slowly wilting away.  This is way more personal than you're used to on this blog, but maybe if I get it out of my system the sun will shine.  In a recent class I took on blogging there was a lesson about your life being the inspiration for your blog.  I'm operating the other way around.  It feels a lot like finding my way in the dark, unsure of where to go.  Any advice? 

On another note, I have a lot on my to-do list this weekend with the biggest event being the Wildflower festival.  Rumor has it there will be a Journey tribute band.  It should be interesting.  What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.