14 December 2011

Handmade Christmas Swag

It's been quiet around here, I know.  Between wrapping presents under the rules of the challenge, and shopping for gifts, I took a mini break to spend some time with my mom. She flew in with her friend for a week.  We had so much fun.  I love the month of December.  Everything around town is festive.  Before her arrival I was cruising pinterest and caught the inspiration to make to my own swag to hang on the mantle to share in the cheer. 

Without buying anything I rounded up two cracker boxes from the pantry and set to the studio to cut them up.  I cut out 15 identical cards from the boxes, rounded the edges, and punched two holes in each one.  Using my letter and tree stamps, I inked out in green the words "Merry Christmas" with a tree in the middle. 

After stringing them with red bakers twine, I hung it from the mantle.  You'd never know it was made out of crackers boxes, unless of course you turn them over.  It is an easy way to decorate using something I had on hand. 

Merry Christmas, Ya'll. 

++++++++++++

Are you taking the challenge and need some ideas?  Check out the tutorials part 1 and part 2. 

1 comment:

  1. awsomeness!!!Great idea!! Thanks Abby!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.