Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
One goal on my 12 in 12 list is to keep a gratitude journal and write five lines of thanksgiving a day. I'm really working on changing my focus of my mind. Since sticking to this goal has been spotty at best, I decided to devote September to gratitude. I made a special little journal to motivate me to write my lines every day.
Cardstock - 5 3/4" x 12"
Paper - 5 1/2" x 9 1/2" folded in half
- Line up the paper and cardstock, all flushed to the left and hold with binder clips (you should have 2 1/2" of cardstock on the right that does not have paper covering it. This is for your flap
- Punch three holes that are evenly spaced in the center of paper.
- Using waxed linen thread or embroidery floss, sew through the holes in the following pattern.
- Start in the middle hole, inside to out leaving a few inches of tail
- Enter the top hole from the outside to the inside
- Pass OVER the middle hold on the inside and enter the bottom hole from the inside to the outside
- Pass back through the middle hole from the outside to the inside
- Using the tail from the beginning, tie the two threads together in a knot to secure bind
- Fold the flap. I secured the flap with a grommet and extra thread but you can get creative and change it up.