13 February 2013

Will You Help?

Where does our food come from?  How does the water in the lake get there?  What does an opossum look like?  Will a deer attack and eat us? These are all questions I have been asked by students that traded the concrete jungle for a week in nature.  All valid questions, right?  If you grew up never leaving the city you might not know that deer would rather eat an acorn and stay far from humans. 
The thing is, these are the kids that are one day going to run our country.  Cliché, I know, but more truth than we realize, and I don’t think I need to tell you why understanding the answers to these questions is vital.  I was fortunate to grow up in rural America where all of the answers were second nature.  But kids like me are dwindling.  Rural areas are shrinking which means more and more kids are growing up in urban areas.  Answers to these questions will only be answered through education.
This is where you come in.  I am a volunteer for YMCA Collin County Adventure Camp in Anna, Texas.  CCAC is a facility, built by the county and managed by the YMCA, whose primary function is an outdoor education center.  On a weekly basis, students from all around the area are bused to camp to learn the answers to these questions, and more, through practical, hands on learning.  Because the YMCA is for all we scholarship students that cannot afford to go.  Every child needs and deserves this education. 
Last February I challenged you to give a gift to this scholarship fund, and I am asking you again this year.  You have many choices when it comes to where you put your dollars, but I can tell you, from direct experience, every dollar you give goes directly towards a scholarship.
Will you give $5, $10, $20? 


It is very easy to do.  Just follow the link and see the instructions below.  And with all sincerity, THANK YOU! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.