21 January 2013

DIY Humidifier


My world is quiet.  Life is happening behind the scenes, but I've been in my head more than in this space.  I have been spending quite a bit of time outdoors with Annie.  

The weather has been all over the board.  Typical this time of year.  The temp rises during the day, enough for some to pull out their shorts, and then it plummets over night. 


Coming in and out of the dry air has been doing a number on my skin, in addition to the heat coming from the furnace.  To put a little moisture back into the air I put a few orange peels, a cinnamon stick and water on the stove top to simmer.  As it evaporates I simply add more water.  Whenever I'm home I put it on to simmer.  Before long my house is filled with the warm smell of a home in winter, and my skin gets a little respite. 

I've also been using a winter body scrub I made to slough off the dry skin.  You can find the recipe here. 

How do you take care of your skin in the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.