23 January 2013

Homemade Dog Biscuits


Ok, I admit, I've taken to spoiling my dog. Quite a bit.  One look at her face and all my troubles melt away.  So when I came across a homemade dog biscuit recipe in Yvette van Boven's book Home Made, I knew I would be baking them.


The ingredients are so pure humans could eat these biscuits.  Why not feed your dog the same wholesome food you would feed yourself?


I used a cookie cutter I bought for a craft project that made the perfect size of treat.  I ended up with a full jar (she had a few before I took photos of them).  Needless to say, she loves them, and I feel good giving them to her knowing they are not filled with preservatives. 

DOGGY BISCUITS*

2/3 cup of salt-free homemade beef broth or hot water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 egg
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour

Combine all ingredients into a firm dough in a bowl.  Roll into a thin sheet approximately 1/8 inch thick on a flour dusted counter top.  Cut the dough into strips or cut out shapes using a cookie cutter.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake the doggy biscuits for approx. 30 minutes until golden brown.  Keep in a sealable jar. 



*recipe copied directly from Home Made

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of rhona jean's posts on down to earth about dog food. She cooks all her dog food herself to save money and keep them in good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to make all her dog food, but I have a hard time cooking for us! I have not seen Rhona's post. I will have to look it up.

      Delete

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.