13 October 2011

Natural Halloween Decoracting


I don't typically decorate for holidays, especially non-traditional holidays like Halloween.  I don't like the expense, the storage and the unncessary trash it creates.  This year will be different.  I'm starting think that this will be a year of firsts on so many levels.  Since my favorite little people live in the neighborhood, cc and I have become very popular among the 4 and 5 year olds.  I'm fairly certain they will be hitting up our house for candy and goodies come Halloween.  It won't be as much fun without decorations. 

I've been combing the web for ideas that are not only Halloween themed, but also fall-like so I can carry them over to Thanksgiving, AND then compost or recycle them.  Some of my favorites are from Country Living.  The idea of gathering orange accessories, transforming pumpkins with paper, using mason jars, and making ghosts out of ghords are fantastic.  I love how many ideas are out there don't require me to store them to the next year or throw them away. 

How are you decorating this year?

{images via Country Living Website}

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,

    Thanks so much for popping over to Wicker & Stitch and saying hi. Your blog is really great, I particularly love your Halloween ideas. Those patterned pumpkins in the second image are absolutely beautiful!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, cinnamon scented pinecones are one of my most favorite things to pick up when fall starts. I usually just sit them all in an over size white bowl. They look and smell great. I haven’t decorated at home for Halloween for a few years now but I’ll never skip on bring in some fall decor. I wish I had an idea or two for you...but I'll keep thinking about and see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.