05 October 2011

Organize Your Stationary & Get A Pen Pal

I'm starting to feel a little more settled in the new house.  Boxes are starting to disappear, which is relief.  I'm really tired of looking at them.  We are still without a lot of furniture since we are leaving our previous house staged, but the good news is: we are under contract!  It won't be too much longer before all the furniture will be moved and the remainder of the boxes will be gone.  I might just throw a party.

My studio has been the last room to get organized.  I've been looking for a few storage pieces, and waiting for the bookshelves from the other house.  I finally took a little time to get a few things unpacked and found them a temporary home.  The first thing to get organized was my stationary.  I love hand written notes.  There are times when I wish I were still in grade school and had a pen pal.  Can adults have pen pals?  Hmm.  When I have the time, I also like to make my own greeting cards with old postcards and calling cards. 
I separated all my vintage cards, homemade envelopes, and recycled pieces by season in this great divider box I found at Patina Green.  I had intentions to use it for something else, but I think it suits this purpose much better.

It's much easier to find what you're looking for when everything is categorized. 
I found this cheese box at an estate sale for 25 cents.  It holds all the stationary I use to make my own greeting cards. 
The sewing drawer, another estate sale find, holds all the other cards I've purchased.
Eventually these will have a better home, but in the meantime, they are out and accessible.  I'm in the mood to send out some snail mail.  If your interested in a one-time pen pal, leave me a note in the comments section with your email address so I can contact you about your address.  No return letter required! 


3 comments:

  1. love this !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feeling of unpacking boxes! I think we must live very close because I was in Patina Green about a week ago. My friend was doing a photography shoot there at lots of restaurant in the square.

    This post reminded me of another post I read recently...

    http://thehouseofbelonging.com/2011/09/may-i-send-you-something-for-free.html

    Sending handwritten notes is definitely beautiful and something we don't do enough of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, thank you for that link. I'm glad someone else is thinking the same thing. I haven't seen that blog before. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.