15 November 2012

Gratitude Party || Day 4


I'm participating in Michelle's gratitude party this week.  Will you join us?

++++++++++++


An important lesson to remember with gratitude is to pass it on, or pay it forward, or give it back. November's 4(for) green acres challenge is about volunteering. Many wonderful organizations need your help this time of year. Share your gratitude by donating your time, your home, or your dollars.
A wonderful resource to find a place that suits you is greatnonprofits.org.

I am very thankful for the YMCA. Pictured above is one of my favorite camp counselors, Caleb. I worked for the YMCA of Metro Dallas for 8+ years running outdoor education, summer camps, and after school programs. I hired Caleb while he was still in high school and he stayed with me through his college years. 

The YMCA raises money every year to send kiddos through programs that could not otherwise afford it. Caleb and I have worked with many of those children, and hopefully, impacted their lives for the better. I continue to volunteer for the YMCA as a board member for Collin County Adventure Camp. I am thankful for the opportunities I was given as a child and I'm passionate about exposing young minds to nature and community by helping in any way I am able. 
 
Thanks, Caleb, for reminding me how important our job was and still is as a volunteer.  My wish is that you are still out there passing it on.
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. such a good reminder to pay things forward...indeed.
    it's amazing to think of all the lives you {and caleb} have touched.

    {another day of gratitude! xo}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been fun. Thanks for throwing a great party! ;)

      Delete

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.