Today is officially Earth day even though we are celebrating all month long. There are many activities scheduled this weekend to celebrate, but today's challenge is simple. Regardless if you live in the city or country, go on a nature hike. Whether it is a city park or rural road, consider it nature.
Today's challenge is about finding your connection with the great outdoors. As humans, if we find a connection a relationship develops. Once a relationship is established we understand and appreciate the choices we make. If you don't have a connection with nature it makes it harder to practice these challenges. You need an emotional reason. We are an integral part of the natural ecosystem whether we know it or not. Step outside today and ponder these questions as you "hike."
- What impact do I have on this place? (trails, wildlife, danger)
- How do I feel when surrounded by trees, grass, and fresh air?
- What would I do if places like this didn't exist?
- How can I take care of places like this?
21. Stake out a farmers market
20. Switch a chemical cleaner with vinegar
19. Send snail mail
18. Use baking soda for skincare
17. Use ladybugs for natural pesticide
16. Avoid the car
15. Meet a local
14. Put a brick in your toilet
13. Don't use paper towels
12. Capture household waste water
11. Air dry your laundry
10. Avoid plastic-ware
9. Don't throw anything away
8. Get off the grid for a day
7. Put out a bucket or barrel to capture the rain
6. Limit Energy Consumption
5. Take reusable sacks to the store - Every store
4. Use natural dyes for Easter eggs
3. Buy from a local business
1. Clean the air in your home by purchasing house plants to filter the air.