30 April 2012

April Chronicle


A look back at the first month of the second quarter.  It was another busy month.
  • I installed my clothesline.
  • Officially booked my trip to Alaska with Grams.
  • My two favorite girls had a birthday and we went fishing.
  • We wrapped up the February challenge fundraiser and raised over $9,000.
  • I purchased some awesome Swedish clogs.
  • I worked at nursery for a day to help a friend and loved it.
  • I had to PAY money to the IRS this year.  Grrr.
  • I bought a Ford Edge and I love it.
  • Checked out the Old Red Lumberyard flea market and brought home a very cool green bench for the front porch.
  • Guest posted over at Punk Projects with a DIY stamp tutorial.
  • I went to happy hour with a friend and we happened to see Newt Gingrich. 
  • Went to Arts & letters Live to hear Anne Enright and Colum McCann
  • We went to a Sugarland concert in Oklahoma.
  • I finally, after much deliberation, purchased a vitamix.  Why didn't I do this sooner?
  • After a long hiatus, I finally picked up a book.  I'm reading Making Babies: Stumbling Into Motherhood by Anne Enright and it is cracking me up.
  • After six years, cc and I are as legal as we can be in Texas.  Time to celebrate!
  • My nephew will be starting school this fall.  I can't wait to buy him new school supplies.
  • I knocked off another item on my 12 in 12 list.  I just finished a 3 day homesteading class at the Ploughshare Institute.  I'm blown away and can't wait to share the information with you.
  • The 30 days 30 ways challenge was a little intense this month, but it was a great way to jumpstart your 4(for) green acres life.
  • I dug out my great grandmothers' recipe books for this month's collection column.  I had so much fun looking through them.
  • In and around the garden, April was busy. 
    • found cabbage loopers on my brassicas
    • cleaned and put up the hummingbird feeders
    • asparagus shot up
    • butterflies were everywhere
    • assembled my new rain barrels
    • blessed with lots of rain, but the tornados missed us
    • fertilized the tomatoes with sea salt
    • after the release of the ladybugs, I watched them hard at work 
  • And finally, the Baylor Lady Bears won the national basketball championship.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.