6. Limit your energy consumption.
An average person uses 920 kWh of energy a month. This is equal to turning on 13 100-watt light bulbs and leaving them on for an entire month. Multiply that by every person and that is a lot of wasted energy. With a little extra effort there are several things you can do to cut back.
- Vacuum the coils on your appliances. This will help them run more efficiently
- Phone fully charged? Unplug the charger when you're not using it
- Turn off the light when you are not in the room
- Unplug appliances and other devices when not in use
- Turn up on your AC or turn down your heat when you are not home
- Air dry your clothes instead of using the dryer
What else can you add to the list?
Today's challenge is walk around your house and office and pull the plug on items not in use. Be conscious of how much energy you consume.
5. Take reusable sacks to the store - Every store
4. Use natural dyes for Easter eggs
3. Buy from a local business
1. Clean the air in your home by purchasing house plants to filter the air.